Siomay Ayam Udang is a popular Indonesian dish that is enjoyed by people of all ages. This dish is usually served as an appetizer or a main course and can be found in many street food stalls and restaurants throughout the country. Made with a combination of ground chicken and shrimp, and served with a delicious peanut sauce, this dish is sure to please anyone’s taste buds.
To make Siomay Ayam Udang, you will need the following ingredients:
- 300 grams ground chicken
- 300 grams peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Wonton wrappers
- Cabbage leaves
- Cucumber, sliced
- Carrots, shredded
- Peanut sauce
Here are the steps to make Siomay Ayam Udang:
- In a bowl, combine the ground chicken and shrimp.
- Add the garlic, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, cornstarch, egg white, salt, sugar, and white pepper, and mix well.
- Take a wonton wrapper and place a spoonful of the mixture in the center.
- Bring the corners of the wrapper together and press to seal.
- Repeat until all the mixture is used up.
- Place the siomay on a steamer tray lined with cabbage leaves.
- Steam for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve the siomay with sliced cucumber, shredded carrots, and peanut sauce.
There are many variations of Siomay Ayam Udang that you can try. Here are a few ideas:
- Replace the chicken with beef or fish.
- Add vegetables such as cabbage, carrots, and beansprouts to the mixture.
- Use a different dipping sauce such as sweet chili sauce or soy sauce.
- Deep fry the siomay instead of steaming for a crispy texture.
Siomay Ayam Udang is a delicious and easy-to-make Indonesian dish that is perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re hosting a party or just looking for a quick snack, this dish is sure to satisfy your cravings. Give it a try and see for yourself!