Dimsum Siomay is a popular Chinese dish that has gained popularity in Indonesia. It is a steamed or fried dumpling filled with delectable ingredients such as shrimp, chicken, or pork. This dish is typically served with a sweet and sour sauce. It is an easy and tasty dish that can be enjoyed by everyone.
The ingredients needed to make this delicious dish are:
- 500 grams of ground chicken or pork
- 250 grams of shrimps, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup of tapioca flour
- 1 cup of wheat flour
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
Here are the steps to make this delicious dish:
- In a mixing bowl, combine ground chicken or pork, shrimps, garlic, salt, pepper, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Mix well.
- Add the beaten eggs and mix well again. Add tapioca flour and wheat flour. Mix until well combined.
- Add water gradually while mixing until the dough is smooth and pliable.
- Take a small portion of the dough and form it into a ball. Flatten the ball and place a tablespoon of filling in the center. Bring the edges of the dough together and pinch to seal. Repeat until all the dough and filling are used up.
- Place the dumplings on a greased steaming tray. Steam for 15-20 minutes or until the dumplings are cooked through.
- Serve hot with sweet and sour sauce.
There are many variations that you can make with this dish. You can substitute the ground chicken or pork with beef or lamb. You can also add vegetables such as carrots, cabbage, or mushrooms for added flavor and nutrition. You can also make the filling spicy by adding chili powder or hot sauce.
Dimsum Siomay is a simple and tasty dish that can be easily made at home. With the right ingredients and a little bit of effort, you can enjoy this delicious dish with your family and friends. Try making this recipe today and experience the flavors of China and Indonesia in your own kitchen!