Dimsum and siomay are two popular Chinese dishes that are loved by many. But for health-conscious individuals, indulging in these savory treats may mean going over their daily calorie intake. That’s where kalori dimsum siomay comes in. This low-calorie version of the classic dishes allows you to enjoy their flavors without the guilt.
What is Kalori Dimsum Siomay?
Kalori dimsum siomay is a healthier version of the traditional dimsum and siomay. It’s made with leaner meat and less oil, resulting in fewer calories. This dish is perfect for those who are watching their weight or maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
The Ingredients of Kalori Dimsum Siomay
The main ingredients of kalori dimsum siomay are lean meat, such as chicken or fish, vegetables, and spices. The meat is minced and mixed with finely chopped vegetables, such as carrots, cabbage, and celery. The mixture is seasoned with spices like garlic, ginger, and sesame oil. The filling is then wrapped in a thin layer of dough made from a mixture of wheat flour, cornstarch, and water. The final product is steamed until cooked.
The Benefits of Kalori Dimsum Siomay
There are several benefits of eating kalori dimsum siomay:
- Low in calories: Kalori dimsum siomay is a low-calorie dish, making it perfect for those who are watching their weight.
- High in protein: The dish is made with lean meat, which is a good source of protein. Protein is essential for building and repairing muscles.
- Rich in vitamins and minerals: The vegetables used in the filling of kalori dimsum siomay are a good source of vitamins and minerals. Carrots, for example, are rich in vitamin A, while cabbage is high in vitamin C.
How to Make Kalori Dimsum Siomay
Here’s a recipe for making kalori dimsum siomay:
- 200g lean chicken meat, minced
- 1/2 cup carrots, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cabbage, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 20 pieces of wonton wrappers or siomay wrappers
- In a mixing bowl, combine the minced chicken, carrots, cabbage, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar, salt, and black pepper. Mix well.
- Take a wrapper and place a tablespoon of the mixture in the center. Fold the wrapper and seal the edges.
- Repeat until all the mixture is used up.
- Place the siomay in a steamer and steam for 15-20 minutes or until cooked.
- Serve hot with soy sauce and chili sauce.
Kalori dimsum siomay is a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional dimsum and siomay. It’s a great way to enjoy these classic dishes without breaking your diet. With its low-calorie content and high nutritional value, this dish is perfect for health-conscious individuals who want to stay fit and healthy.