Siomay is a popular Chinese dish that has been modified by Indonesian people and is now a staple food in the country. Siomay is made of fish or shrimp, mixed with flour and then steamed. However, there is another variation of siomay that is also popular in Indonesia, namely siomay telur. Siomay telur is made of eggs, flour, and vegetables. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to make siomay telur:
To make siomay telur, you will need the following ingredients:
- 4 eggs
- 150 grams of flour
- 100 grams of shredded cabbage
- 100 grams of shredded carrots
- 50 grams of chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of pepper
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 1 tablespoon of chicken bouillon powder
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- Siomay wrappers
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs until fluffy. Add flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and chicken bouillon powder. Mix well until the batter is smooth.
- Add the shredded cabbage, carrots, and scallions into the batter. Mix well until all ingredients are well combined.
- Heat a steamer over high heat. While waiting for the steamer to heat up, brush some sesame oil onto the siomay wrappers.
- Add 1 tablespoon of batter onto the center of each siomay wrapper. Fold the wrapper and pleat the edges to seal the siomay.
- Place the siomay into the steamer and steam for 15 minutes or until cooked.
- Remove the siomay from the steamer and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Here are some tips to make delicious siomay telur:
- Make sure the batter is well mixed and smooth. This will ensure that the siomay will have a good texture.
- Use fresh and clean vegetables. This will ensure that the siomay will be healthy and tasty.
- Brush some sesame oil onto the siomay wrappers before adding the batter. This will prevent the siomay from sticking to the steamer.
- Don’t overcook the siomay. Overcooked siomay will become tough and dry.
Siomay telur is a delicious and healthy snack that you can easily make at home. With this simple recipe, you can enjoy the savory taste of siomay telur anytime you want. Just follow the steps and tips above, and you will have a plate of delicious siomay telur in no time!